Wednesday 11 April 2012


Here's the rhymn which I believe is quite well known.
It is one of the first rhymns I learnt and it left a deep impression on me. The Moon was written by Robert Louis Stevenson, from the book A Child's Garden of Verses.

I love the imageries formed whenever I read the poem.
Hope you and your child like it too.


THE MOON

The moon has a face like the clock in the hall;
She shines on thieves o the garden wall,
On the streets and fields and harbour quays,
And birdies asleep in the forks of the trees.

The squalling cat and the squeaking mouse,
The howling dog by the door of the house,
The bat that lies in the bed at noon,
All love to be out by the light of the moon.

But all of the things that belong to the day,
Cuddle to sleep to be out of her way;
And flowers and children close their eyes,
Till up in the morning the sun shall arise.

ROBERT LOUIS STEVENSON

No comments:

Post a Comment